Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Tatty Mission tandem:
17.5” C-C pilot
14” C-C stoker
21 gears
Big fat cruiser tyres for a comfy ride
Built from random bits. Will need TLC / fettling / service before further use. Consider it ‘spares or repairs’ at the moment. General patina all over.

Collection from Woking, Surrey. It is a big bike, but it will just go in my estate car with the wheels off, seats off and bars turned.

The brakes are poor, the gear change isn’t very good either. The rear seat tube / seatpost combo is slightly under-sized so I’ve used a drinks can shim. The rear wheel is slightly out of true. Some of the drive side spokes are bent where the chain has over-shifted. The drive chain is worn out, timing chain is OK though. I’ve just seen a cut in the front tyre so that probably needs to be binned :confused: a lot of the bits came from the tip! The rear hub was knackered when I bought it, so I drifted out the cup and put in the one from the donor hub. The donor hub yielded a new axle, cones and freehub. The bike is ‘for parts / not working’.

Axle to axle is 180cm ish, total length assembled is 240cm ish.

If you want it, the bike is yours to collect for free.

Any questions, please ask.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpeg
    IMG_2470.jpeg
    957.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2471.jpeg
    IMG_2471.jpeg
    799.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I did one short tour with it, then my son outgrew the bike. My wife only rode it once and hated it!

FYI there is about 2” of seat tube above each top tube joint. The youngest rider I had on the back was eight, though this was pushing it as the rear cranks are 170mm.

I did one short tour with it, then my son outgrew the bike. My wife only rode it once and hated it!

FYI there is about 2” of seat tube above each top tube joint. The youngest rider I had on the back was eight, though this was pushing it as the rear cranks are 170mm.
Would you consider selling the 381DH separately & if so how much? Would potentially be interested in those

Thanks for the interest. If whoever buys the tandem doesn’t want certain bits I will sell those on separately. For the moment though, I’m keeping it as it is.

Thanks for the interest. If whoever buys the tandem doesn’t want certain bits I will sell those on separately. For the moment though, I’m keeping it as it is.
No worries, thanks for getting back. If the fork does become available please PM as I'm a little forgetful lol. Cheers

Latest posts

Back