Middleburn RS3 question

Gruff

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I have a NDS Middleburn RS3 crank that has a suspected crack. I've had a wanted ad up for ages but with no success and now I've seen a drive side one on ebay.

My question iscan I use a drive side crank on the non drive side?
I know that the pedal thread will be wrong and I suspect I can't but thought I'd ask anyway 🤷‍♂️

I have a NDS Middleburn RS3 crank that has a suspected crack. I've had a wanted ad up for ages but with no success and now I've seen a drive side one on ebay.

My question iscan I use a drive side crank on the non drive side?
I know that the pedal thread will be wrong and I suspect I can't but thought I'd ask anyway 🤷‍♂️
Yes

Just remember you need another driveside pedal to prevent unscrewing.

Oh and just ensure that there's enough clearance as there's typically less spindle on the nds, q factor may be strange

Just remember you need another driveside pedal to prevent unscrewing.
That driveside pedal on the NDS will unscrew itself eventually because it will be rotating the opposite way. It’ll need locking in with threadlock. And look for some rotationally symmetrical pedals, otherwise it will look and feel strange.

That driveside pedal on the NDS will unscrew itself eventually because it will be rotating the opposite way. It’ll need locking in with threadlock. And look for some rotationally symmetrical pedals, otherwise it will look and feel strange.
Right, somehow my brain couldn't compute that.

Either way it'd probably be best just to get a new nds arm and spare himself some hassle and potentially weird q factor issues

Back