Mid 1980s Rossin / Audi Quattro

thekidmalone

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

Here is one which I received as a frame, fork and headset.

The details of the frame suggest that it was made pre-indexed shifting, but as I am saving my older parts for another build, and couldn't find any appropriate donor bikes, I fell back to M730.

I've been able to find evidence of Rossin / Audi road bikes online, but this is the only mountain bike I've seen decaled this way. Anyone else seen a one wheel drive, off-road QUATTRO/Quattro/quattro?

Enjoy!

The Kid

Attachments

• QP.jpg
    QP.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 795
  • QF.jpg
    QF.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 795
  • QR.jpg
    QR.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 795
Re:

Nice find !
Made by ferraroli ?
I love the lugged forks with chrome parts :D

but the Quattro in Audi quattro of the time is lower case...
at least mine was
DSC00185.jpg

Re:

The chain stay end caps are pantographed with D, which matches other Rossin brand bikes thought to have been made by Dancelli. Not every one of my bikes is connected to Ferraroli, but I can see how the fork crown might have suggested it.

It is strange that, on this and the other Audi co-branded Rossins I have seen pictures of, that QUATTRO is shouted out in all capital letters. My 1985 4000 S quattro had it spelled out in all lowercase letters, like yours. If I understand Audi lore well enough, Quattro was the model name of the first model, even if the badging didn't always capitalize the first letter.

personally I'd say it's nothing to do with Audi, more that Quattro was part of their range at one point because inthe 80's it was cool, like Turbo etc. Just that if it was there's no way they'd have the wrong typeset on there...

and yeah,it quattro with a little q.

Nice find, there are some lovely details on that frame. As you say the frame is probably older than the groupset but it looks right anyway.

Back