Sold Mavic Ceramic 117 S.U.P. on Machinetech hubs +XTR M900 Cassette stainless spokes

Spankyfart

Marin Fan
Mavic Ceramic 117 S.U.P. on Machinetech hubs +XTR M900 Cassette stainless spokes. €375,- €350,- ex postage.

1996 Machintech hubs with needle bearings with Mavic 117 ceramic S.U.P. rims.
Rims are barely used, hubs run smooth and is fitted with an XTR M900 8 speed cassette.
Were serviced 2 years ago, they could use a trim up. Wheels run true, cassette has been cleaned and is screwed on lightly.
Make sure you tighten the cassette before usage.
Shimano scewers, not sure which ones. Might be early XT.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

machfull.jpg

mach 1.jpg

mach2.jpg

Last edited:
more pics

Attachments

• cass.jpg
    cass.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 13
  • cass2.jpg
    cass2.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 10
  • cass3.jpg
    cass3.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 13
  • machcass.jpg
    machcass.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 12
  • rim1.jpg
    rim1.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 12
  • rim2.jpg
    rim2.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 10
  • rimwi.jpg
    rimwi.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 12
  • rimwi2.jpg
    rimwi2.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 12
  • rimwi3.jpg
    rimwi3.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 12
Lovely wheel set, at twenty eight years old are there any hairline and or cracks in the hub bodies? Do you need special tools to service those hubs? How long have they been built up with those rims? Double butted or straight spokes? ta Stephan.

All solid questions and I have almost no answers for you.
Cracks, I highly doubt it as I've cleaned the wheels many a times over 2 years.
I rode them on a bike with an Azonic Shorty and wide Surly sunrise bars so more like a cruiser.

The hubs opens afaik without any tools, you slide off an aluminum disc that clamps the thing together when you close the QR. But there are people on here who can answer all the questions you have and there might well be a service manual in the appropriate section here on RB.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 07-22-05 For Sale - Mavic Ceramic 117 S.U.P. on Machinetech hubs XTR ...png

I bought the bike ('95 Zaskar LE) from a guy that lived near my g/f's house, and the story (his story anyways) is he was given the bike by a team rider from GT.
When I picked it up it was in his dad's attic who badgered him in to removing the bike, it was in there for at least a decade. 'Twas outfitted with full XTR M900.
He said he rode it one summer through India (allegedly).
About the spokes.. I assume they are the original ones. I just don't know.

If I had a bicycle for them I wouldn't sell them, as I doubt I'll come across a pair that looks as good as these. Ever.

Where are you located? It is a silent free hub body it is on that rear hub? (no noise)

They do look really good.

I am in Scotland, I think the current import duty on goods from the EU over £135 GBP is 20% (ie UK VAT) plus the/your postage cost.

I guess it is an eight speed Shimano body hub, I assume this will work with a seven speed cassette with a spacer? Unsure if you already have a spacer on there with the eight speed cassette?

For UK it would work out approx £320.67 plus 20% = £384.80 plus the postage cost, have you any idea of the postage cost to the UK? (Main land UK not Highlands or Islands)

Cheers, Stephan.

Back