Marzocchi z3 advice

Lostcause

Retro Guru
I’ve got a 1998 Z3 light fork that has the fs disc mount. I know an adapter is available now thanks to DrZocchi but I can buy a 2000 model year z3 left lower with IS mount for a lot less and they need paint anyway. Does anyone know if I could just swap the left leg?

Not sure here so consider this a free bump

But wouldn't the legs for the 2000s be slightly longer, as there's a difference in axle to crown? So replacing one leg would make it uneven

Hi buddy, I’m not sure I’m very new to Marzocchi forks. I could message the seller and ask for a measurement from dropout to wiper seal mating surface

I think it'd only make sense to replace both or move unto the 2000s fork if it's in a usable condition. Or getting the adapter.

You’re probably right but they are very easy to strip down and the bushing in the lower can easily be swapped over, providing the lowers are the same dimensionally.
My logic, even if those two words are rarely seen together lol is that I need to strip mine anyway and the lower with an IS mount is less than half the price of the adapter. Pure Yorkshire tightness logic..

You’re probably right but they are very easy to strip down and the bushing in the lower can easily be swapped over, providing the lowers are the same dimensionally.
My logic, even if those two words are rarely seen together lol is that I need to strip mine anyway and the lower with an IS mount is less than half the price of the adapter. Pure Yorkshire tightness logic..
Well provided that the leg diameter and all is the same which I imagine it is, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to replace both legs with the 2000s. I mean the a2c might even be the same, I wouldn't know, I never rode suspension forks really.

You’re probably right and he has both lowers for sale but that price is then very similar to the adapter….the adapter will definitely work, the lowers at the moment I’m not sure 🤔

You’re probably right and he has both lowers for sale but that price is then very similar to the adapter….the adapter will definitely work, the lowers at the moment I’m not sure 🤔
Right I thought you could get the entire 2000s fork assembled for cheaps

Was wondering, hehe

If you have to buy a separate leg to just replace the disc mounted side, I'd want to make sure that the measurements definitely are spot on. And If buying both legs to replace is as expensive as the adapter, I'd say go for the adapter.

I’ve spoken to the seller and he says that the lowers are from the M arch variant so won’t be suitable. I’ll get one of Dr.Zocchi’s adapters, it’ll be stress free lol

Back