Marzocchi Bomber ID Assistance

sksmith2500

Dirt Disciple
Good morning,
Picked up a Mazocchi Bomber for a quick build but but not sure of the model or year.
There is a dial stamp with "01" in it, and the crown serial number starts with "T01XXXXX", so I'm probably safe to assume that it is a 2001, but could be an early 2002.
The question is, what model is it?
Everything else that I've googled has the year on the stanchion tube decals. This one doesn't.
The decals on this one are closer to what I've seen on 2002 Z1 Bomber's, but they aren't quite the same.
Does anyone have any idea on what model or year this is? Please let me know, I would like to replace the decals and what to get the correct ones.
Thanks,
Steve
Marzocci Bomber 01.jpg

I'd say 2001 would be correct. They sure look related to my forks. I think they might be MXC ECC Airs.

I have a pair of 2002 MXC Airs and they have '2002' proudly displayed at the bottom on both lower legs.
Apologies for the fuzzy shot but you should get the idea. Else the stickers look much the same.

2002MXC.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say 2002 model, they are usually stamped with the previous year on the dial indicator. How much travel do they have and are they oil or coil? Any stickers on the back of the sliders by the dropouts?

2000, 2001 and 2002 forks all had the year shown on a decal - I suspect the OP's fork has been restickered and the year decal not reapplied.

Back