Marzocchi 30mm seal compatibility.

wesmamyke

Old School Hero
Attempting to rebuild a '99ish atom bomb, can't for the life of me source the proper older 30mm seals. Will 30mm M-arch seals for a '01ish fork seat properly in the older lowers?

I was told by one fellow that rebuilds Marzocchi forks that you can only use the older seals that are shock boot compatible. I happened across a couple sets of M-arch seals though and hoping to use them.

Any first hand experience appreciated, thanks.

Re:

I don't know what shipping is like to you but I've rebuild plenty of Marz with enduro fork seals. No need to get seals for boots or not, they are the same for marzocchi regardless. 30mm is good to go from 97-whenever they stopped making 30mm.

I did have to get the old seals nice and warm to aid in removal, running under hot water or a torch at a distance really helped to pop em out. Make sure to tape the end of the screw driver and plenty of padding on the seal lip when you prying them out to reduce paint chips

This is an old thread but if someone comes in here, it might be helpfull : I just finished my 30mm Bomber Seals Project this week and the results are realy that good as it look like 😉

Attachments

• 30mm Bomber Seals Results 800px.jpg
    30mm Bomber Seals Results 800px.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit classic 800px.jpg
    Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit classic 800px.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit M-Arch 800px.jpg
    Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit M-Arch 800px.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 4
Back