MArin Mount Vision 1998/7? Whats it worth?

Mikey08

Kona Fan
Just picked up one of these from a local Tip. Its the same as the one in the pic below but has the original bars and bar ends. XT groupset (STI's V-Brakes, Rear Mech) White Industries Crankset, Mavic rims, Blue Panaracer front tyre, Manitou forks etc..

Any idea what its worth? Just needs a light resto as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• Marin-mount-vision-1998-polished-alloy-medium-all.jpg
    Marin-mount-vision-1998-polished-alloy-medium-all.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
From memory possibly the rear shock, forks and groupset. The frame and swingarm were exactly the same other than colour as far as I personally recall.

Ok makes sense. I think I remember drooling over the red and grey Mount Vision Pro that had full XTR and the carbon Manitous. The one Paul Lasenby (Is that his name?) used to race on. If memory serves me right the Mount Vision Pro was the first FS bike to win a world cup XC race with Paul being the rider that day.

Last edited:
Yep, nice guy. I was very lucky to meet him prior to a local race riding that very MV Pro, he demolished the entire field that day! Alas my paper round money could never stretch that far.

I had a Rift Zone that I crashed in 1997 and replaced it with a mount vision. The rift zone had the ST Shimano not XT. I had a different rear shock and forks and I think it was £999 whereas the Mount Vision was £1500 and 13kg which is the same as my son in laws Orbea FSB 24 years later.
Still got the mount vision and ride it regularly but at 64 I've given in and ordered an eMTB. I just can't keep up with my son in law anymore.

Back