Marin 1996 Ultimate Titanium - Help Needed

Interesting bike and discussion.

Question, are you sure this is still from Litespeed? The regular "Titanium" model 1996 was than already from Sandvik.
1705308173066.jpeg

Sure, it says USA at the dropouts.

Yep. You are right. Got confused. Lightspeed made the early Team Titanium’s to 93 then to Sandvik. Great catch. Thanks. 😀😀😀

Yep. You are right. Got confused. Lightspeed made the early Team Titanium’s to 93 then to Sandvik. Great catch. Thanks. 😀😀😀
i was just wondering, but help me, there are also rumors that production of later Marin Titanium had been moved to Taiwan.
I was for now always thinking that this transition of the production was done when they changed from Litespeed to use Sanvik.
Was Sandvik doing the full frame or only providing Tubing to an Asian manufacturer?

If the Ultimate Frame from 1996 still is stamped USA, maybe this one is indeed still done by Litespeed in US?

Great question…this is what I can decipher;

91 to 93 Team Titanium were made by lightspeed. They were polished and in 93 had brushed lugs to improve cracking issues.

94 Ultimate was Sandvik made in USA whereby the 94 Team Titanium was moved to Taiwan.

I assume 95 was the same as 94; although the Ultimate was a frame only option.

96 looks like the frame was made in Sandvik as was probably the Ultimate. Not sure other than the missing rear brake cable mount on the rear triangle what the difference was (other than stickers).

1997 seems to be the last year the Team Titanium appears in the catalogues. It’s not specified where it’s made - assume Sandvik.

Great question…this is what I can decipher;

91 to 93 Team Titanium were made by lightspeed. They were polished and in 93 had brushed lugs to improve cracking issues.

94 Ultimate was Sandvik made in USA whereby the 94 Team Titanium was moved to Taiwan.

I assume 95 was the same as 94; although the Ultimate was a frame only option.

96 looks like the frame was made in Sandvik as was probably the Ultimate. Not sure other than the missing rear brake cable mount on the rear triangle what the difference was (other than stickers).

1997 seems to be the last year the Team Titanium appears in the catalogues. It’s not specified where it’s made - assume Sandvik.
Great summary and overview 👍

Just one thing I can add, there was apparently a Team Titanium from Marin 1999
Never seen one in reality, but there was a brochure, most likely for US showing this:
Marin 1999 5.jpg
According to spec US Made by Sandvik.

Not sure if this a good piece of the puzzle or adds further confusion.

Yes. There is a difference between the UK catalogues and the US catalogues.

Seems the Team Titanium appears in the US. Definitely 1999; not sure about 97 and 98. They seemed to be promoting more the FRS design that was UK based in those years.

Back