Manitou DH Frame and Parts ***SOLD***

Skynet

Senior Retro Guru
I never got around to finishing it and now never will so £950, Pickup only from Kent. All or nothing, I won't be splitting.

Frame: Manitou DH 18” 7th Sept ’94 DH950007, so the James Bond of Manitou’s!
Fork: Manitou EFC DH
Front Wheel: Ringle thru axle on Mavic 117CD Ceramic 32 spoke
Rear Wheel: Hope Ti Glide on Mavic 217 32 spoke, with Hope QR (I think it’s titanium)
Seatposts: Answer Manitou Ringle Moby & Shanon Hardcore
Saddle: Selle Italia Filte Gel
Handlebars: Answer Alumilite 2 DH
Chainset: Middleburn RS7, 42, 32, 20
Brakes: Magura Raceline HS22’s
Front Mech: XTR, Manitou modified
Chain Device: Manitou (a must have but for some reason wasn’t included with the frameset when you bought it)
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke & Dart re-issues plus a vintage IRC Geoclaw (that I personally wouldn’t ride on, just look at)
Shifters: SRAM Grip Shift 800X X-Ray
Stem: Dean 1⅛” stem if you are going for a reducer, paint is nice but decals not so much.
Cassette: NOS Real Racing CNC, 11-32
Other: Avid Rollamajig, silver 1st gen and Ringle H2O bottle cage, Adobe Illustrator file containing the decal graphics if you wish to replace them (no one had a match so did them myself), I'll make it available on my server and export to pdf too.

The frame has a small crack (I know shocking) on the head tube. Danson67’s price for repairing was very reasonable at the time but never got around to it. Most recommend using a headtube reducer from 1¼ ”-> 1⅛” for extra strength, it also has the added advantage of being easier to find stems but your choice. The fork and probably the rear need rebuilding. See my old thread for loads of details and research.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=307327

I've not bothered with photos of shifters etc as you know what they look like but if you really need any just let me know.

So the minimum to complete: repair crack, rebuild shocks, reducer, rear mech, pedals, grips, shifter outers, tubes and chain.

A27w4Cel.jpg

gtAZiCAl.jpg

JjsAQZAl.jpg

N8Y3DiSl.jpg

hMx2KTAl.jpg

QI9zkIjl.jpg

lMHp4tTl.jpg

Re: Manitou DH Frame and Parts

Hi Boxxer, Sorry, but not for bikes, I need to get rid of a few rather than add to them. It's not something I had considered but the only non-bike thing that comes to mind is a fairly up to date 5k imac, not that I really need one of those.

Would make a very cool project and probably the best looking of all versions produced

Danson repaired mine M3 version - which was a far bigger job that this and was very reasonable

Yes it was surprisingly reasonable. I think it was only about £65 when I asked but that was a few years back (plus getting it there and back of course). And although you lose some anodising I don't think it would look like much more than cable rub where the crack is. Plus being DH you can count anything as a battle scar.

I wouldn't have thought it would need to be said but apparently does. I am not sorting out the crack repair on behalf of the new owner, that is for the new owner to sort out. If that's a problem for any reason, like location, then you need to give it a pass.

It wasn't not done for lack of money just that I couldn't find the specific parts I really wanted so got bored of it.

Provisionally sold pending arranging for pickup and payment.

Skynet":3bakydcy said:
Provisionally sold pending arranging for pickup and payment.

Didn’t think it would take long

Do hope they take over your build thread and continue the journey rather than start a new one

It would be nice but I don't know if that is his plan. If it is I hope he does better than me in finding parts. But if it is totally different it will still be good to be finished and ridden. He might read this and say what his plans are (or not).

Back