Magura hs11

Re:

Remove the retaining bolt - then get a right sized spanner on the flats of the silver arm (which is very soft) and twist

It’s two cones - one inside the other and is held by friction / press fit - call it what you like, the idea being you can adjust them to suit your bike rear stays when slack.

Re:

They can be very tight, probably been in that same position for years, brute force/leverage/penetrating oil will help loosen them up.
One loosened you can adjust them so that they rest against the fork /seat stays when the brakes are fitted, they effectively brace everything .
If you have the Magura brake booster plates then I'd use them too, it's amazing how things flex when you haul on the anchors!

It's a 13mm spanner you need. Loosen the bolt off on the front, then get a proper 13mm and lean on it hard - once they are loose it all works very well.

I've always been able to get them moving though they can seem stiff at first. As said above it helps brace the whole thing, and you can adjust them (with the 13mm) when setting up, to fine tune distance from the rim - it seems a strange system at first, but actually works really well.

Re:

Hi yeah I managed to get them sorted thanks guys while they were off I gave them a new coat of paint there looking like new now I'll try and upload some pics of b4 and after

Re: Re:

Caws":2n8biymv said:
Hi yeah I managed to get them sorted thanks guys while they were off I gave them a new coat of paint there looking like new now I'll try and upload some pics of b4 and after

Nice one - I’ve painted a few sets now and used water slider transfers to get a factory look to them - you show me yours, I’ll show you mine lol

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387747&start=40#p2885674

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1qhvor29 said:
Caws":1qhvor29 said:

Nice one - I’ve painted a few sets now and used water slider transfers to get a factory look to them - you show me yours, I’ll show you mine lol

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387747&start=40#p2885674

Where did you get the water slides Spud?

Off eBay - bought laser ones as that lays down an image less likely to fade in UV than ink Jet

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Slide- ... %7Ciid%3A1

And then messed around with art work, as I work for Toshiba in the imaging div finding a new laser printer to print them wasn’t hard

On a white (paint) background the Porsche logo came out okay but on the red I used it killed them as the depth of colour wasn’t strong enough - hense why it’s black only

Also did the levers on the Trek in neon yellow along with the brake boosters and brakes themselves

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=394871&start=40#p2922624

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back