M950 triple rings - what bolts and spacers req'd for granny?

unkleGsif

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Quick, stupid question.
Over the last xx years I have run 2x on the front, but age related laziness and lardyness has made me realise I need a granny ring

Current set on m950 cranks came without rings or bolts, so have no mounting hardware

I recall some shimano cranks in the past used longer bolts and spacers for mounting the granny :ahem:

Anyone have a picture of the required bits, or have some spare?

Ta la's

G

Depending on what spider it has it shouldn't need spacers. I'm going from memory though so could be wrong. As for bolts, I don't think you'll need anything out of the ordinary, as if no spacers are needed you don't have to make up the gap to the threads the spacers require.

Just checked a set of spare rings I have and you don't need spacers and standard bolts should do. You need both front and back parts as the bolt holes aren't threaded, sane as those uses for the big and middle ring. If memory serves, extremely thin brass washers were used between the two big rings, not sure if they are needed for the granny ring though.

Re:

5arm indeed... so just a normal bolt plus an extra 1.4mm spacer....

Thanks, told you it was a daft/simple question ;)

Re:

It's not as daft as you think as the 952 didn't use the spacers.
They altered the spider and design a bit, probably why they are suppose to be able to use the 569/739/mc40 spiders.

A quick google search, images is often good for this, on fc-m950 should bring an exploded diagram up.

Back