For Sale Litespeed Tanasi '03 - top of the range ti disc frame

gibbon_rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The time has come. I need to start selling off some of the bikes that I'm never going to ride. Sad face.

This is a 2003 Litespeed Tanasi. Their top of the range hard tail frame at the time, with a main frame made from 6/4 titanium, custom shaped tubing and beautifully machined drop outs. It really is a thing to behold and is super rare.

It's a disc specific frame, takes 26" wheels, with "suspension corrected geometry". SIze wise, it's a little tricky as I can't get hold of the '03 catalogue. I measure it as a 22.5" top tube (c2c) and 17.5" c2c on the seat tube. Weight wise, it comes in at somthing around 3 pounds on the nose when naked.:cool:

I've hand polished the frame, and applied a NOS set of OEM decals which I ordered from Litespeed in the States. I'll also supply a spare set as my first order went missing in the post before eventually arriving!

There two slight wrinkles with the frame. There is a spinning riv-nut in one of the bottle bosses (pretty easy to fix if you needed two bottle cages), and a dent on the non drive chain stay. It is right next to the rear disc, and looks like it has been deliberately scalloped out. But it hasn't. It's a dent, and you need to know about it before bidding. I've included a picture of it, but it hasn't got any worse since I owned it and it in no way compromises the bike, or even the aesthetics (in my opinion). I've included a close up photo as I want to be totally transparent about it. Feel free to ask any questions.

I was thinking of selling the frame as it is shown in the first photo, a not quite complete bike. It would need pedals, front mech, shifters, chain and cables to be complete.

Parts included would be:
Litespeed titanium handlebars
Litespeed titanium railed saddle
Marzocchi Bomber 44 forks
Mavic Cross Ride wheels,
XTR M960 chainset and bottom bracket,
XT M750 rear mech,
SLX M675 disc brakes
Azonic O.R.C. stem,
Race face turbine seat post
WTB velociraptor tyres front and rear

The frame alone would be a £1000 easy if it had no damage. I was thinking of pricing it at £1500 posted with all the parts listed above. I'm not interested in any swaps, as I'm trying to clear the collection. But if you had a larger Tanasi (or a large, light, disc specific ti frame) from around the same time and wanted to swap, we could definitely do a deal (as I'd then get rid of my '96 Tellico as well.

A bunch of Hi-res photos are below, but shout if you want specific photos of anything else.

Cheers!

Drive Side view.jpeg Bare frame.jpeg Bars.jpeg Drop outs.jpeg Head tube.jpeg Saddle.jpeg scallop.jpeg Top Tube.jpeg

Last one, with her brother....

WIth Tingle Speed Brother.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, if you must ask...

The single speed is my sushine commuter. A '96 Litespeed Tellico which uses a White industries Eno hub to run as a single speed, and Pauls motolites on the back to allow 700cc wheels. As it's running Paul motolites on the back, I can use a matching set of love levers, and run Paul's cable disc on the front. Which is cool solution to mismatched brakes.

Ti frame, ti forks, ti cranks, ti seat post, ti railed saddle, carbon wheels and bars. Mix of old school MTB brands, and custom Chinese Ti (based on old school MTB parts measurements).

It weighs nothing despite being big enough for me. Only downside is I'd prefer to run a rear disc, but don't want to get a tab installed as that seems like sacrilege.

So if someone wants to do some frame swapping...

Or take them both maybe? But I'll almost definitely regret that.

Back