Kona Sex-One

Hi Dr. Marzocchi - no, I've already bought them from you. You sent them earlier in the week!

I am however concerned about the rear shock as the A25 I have bought from amazon seems to be causing issues as the payment keeps getting declined many hours after the transaction. I'm wondering if they actually don't exist. Can you supply either an A25 or C25 shock or suitable replacements/parts?

I am however concerned about the rear shock as the A25.

I’m not too sure if the A25 will fit your Sex one Swing arm/link. I have looked at possibly trying to get a modern rear shock put on my Sex Too but the connection from the shock to the swing arm/link (whatever it’s called) I think is different to your sex one. Not sure.

Attachments

• 1D0A5E80-DA57-41FA-9D97-C42F92FCD195.jpeg
    1D0A5E80-DA57-41FA-9D97-C42F92FCD195.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 96AE4310-A1C3-42DF-B653-D1EE8C0E331B.jpeg
    96AE4310-A1C3-42DF-B653-D1EE8C0E331B.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 152
Re:

So, the saga continues.

The A25 shocks from Amazon have arrived and absolutely will not fit. The linkage is not the same on a Sex One as a Sex Too as previously stated in an earlier post but the valve end is upside down also so clashes with the frame bracket. Not convinced these shocks are built correctly as when I studied pics of original Sex Too bikes the valve is at the bottom. If it was only the linkage end I would look to have something made but both ends means thats pointless - frustrating.

On the plus side I emailed Risse Racing - no response however I notice they are now advertising a Sex one and Sex Too set of shocks - not sure if this is new or if I only just spotted it:
https://www.risseracing.com/kona.shtml

Front forks are with a local company getting serviced - due back imminently. I also asked them to take a look at the origanal coil shock to see if it is serviceable - its not. Once the forks are back and I know all is well I will purchase a Risse Racing shock.

Have been looking at how to approach the brake upgrades. Have decided on Magura Hydraulic rim brakes. Annoyingly new items seem to be similar price as retro/old so I think sensibly I will buy new - at least I know they are still supported i.e. new parts etc. Means less frame mods, no new forks, same wheels etc. etc.

Must admit I'm getting annoyed with this bike at the moment - seems to be costing way more than predicted. Guess thats something everyone on this forum says! :) Will continue though - I'm determind to ride it!

I personaly prefer the older Maguras, not the ones (in my view) somehow anto-constructed because auf carbon, plastic and marketing ideas. I' running several Maguaras from the 90 until today, with no service and no problems.

You can save a lot of money, spares are available. Anything you prefer? Colours?

Hey @thundercatrider, do you still by chance have that A25 sill hanging around? I need one for my Sex Too, and there are a few for sale overseas that I can't buy and have shipped to the states. There seems to both be an Amazon listing, and an eBay listing. I've reached out to the eBay seller to see if I can buy the last two they have in stock, but no reply yet. I'm not desperate yet, cause I know there are a few NOS kicking about! Please let me know if you're interested in selling!

Hi Dr. Marzocchi - no, I've already bought them from you. You sent them earlier in the week!

I am however concerned about the rear shock as the A25 I have bought from amazon seems to be causing issues as the payment keeps getting declined many hours after the transaction. I'm wondering if they actually don't exist. Can you supply either an A25 or C25 shock or suitable replacements/parts?
No, sorry.

But my backups for my Verlicchi/Sintesi Bromont are about FoxAlps.
I'm in a project to create replacement shafts for my Fox Alps collection. The right one is the very short version using a ~57mm shaft (shaft is missing on the photo).

Attachments

• Dr-Zocchi's FoxAlps 4-5 Collection 20231212.jpg
    Dr-Zocchi's FoxAlps 4-5 Collection 20231212.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 2
This is about the 2nd shock I bought @ Ebay. It shows you that I had to pay again shipping. I will ask later for a refund, but I'm afraid seller will not do. But we will see later.

1702574086431.png

Back