KONA Explosif 1990

Nickkinix

Retro Newbie
Hi all, new here. My son was recently gifted a retro KONA Explosif bike from my mum. It was his Grandads bike (my dad's) and has been sat in the shed since my dad passed away 22 years ago! A lovely gentleman near us has serviced it and done a beautiful job of cleaning it up and it looks good as new again. I have absolutely NO intention of selling it but the chap did mention it is of relatively high value. My question is, does anyone know what sort of value I should insure it for? It will be added to our house insurance but want to make sure it's well covered incase some cretin steals it (high incidence rate near us right now thanks to Coronavirus!). Anyway, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, feel free to move the post admin! Thanks everyone :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200612_155200.jpg
    Screenshot_20200612_155200.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 267
Welcome to RB

These are great frames, its hard to value things these days as the prices are a bit all over the place at moment due to demand for bikes. The frame if in good condition, its hard to tell from just the single pic, would be about £150/200+ mark. Unfortunately it doesnt have its original forks, and its hard to tell the other components from the pics.

For insurance i would guesstimate around the £300-400 mark due to current market and not knowing spec.

I would personally remove the crud guard though so as not to damage paint.

Re:

Thanks very much for such a swift reply, very much appreciated. I love the fact that my son is now old enough to be able to ride his grandads bike, the only thing of his we have been able to pass on, chokes me up a bit I won't lie lol!

No worries, but like i said, with prices as they are at moment the figures i said could be way off :LOL:

Back