Kona Aha

August Bicycles

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
20" is pretty rare in stars and bars.

I thought these were 120mm rear? If so, if it hasn't been cold forged to 135 then I'm not sure what hubs would fit for a disc brake

Too bad the frame got butchered...I was ready to BIN. A few general questions though...

1) "Cold set" the frame? So he bent the rear stays out to accept 135 mm hub? The rear forks at the axle do not look like they were adjusted (counter-bent) to be parallel with the center line of the frame.
2) ...with 135 mm I can assume the chain line is now compromised?

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 09.55.17.png

I thought either these or the 1994 (?) Aha were 120mm fixing (?) Sizing. But I am no expert. My later 26" one with adjustable sliding dropouts was 135 for "normal" dropout size.

So mine was more of a question if it came as 135 OLN or not, because if not, I was wondering if he adjusted it by cold forge

If done correctly it won't affect chainline, or at least it hasn't in the one frame I did it to

Back