Klein Attitude 1999 great condition

moulton04

Retro Newbie
Hi, I am new to this so apologise if I have posted incorrectly. Before I put on the classifieds I thought it would be useful to get an opinion of value.
So basically here my old Klein Attitude 1999 in Tomato Red. I have had the this bike for a very long time and it time someone else had this to actually use it.
So a bit of history. I purchased from a friend around 2002-2003. I seem to remember paying a lot of money for it at the time. I used it for a few years so but never in a serious nature. About 12 months ago I decided to dust it off and get it back on the road. I had the forks rebuilt, Brakes cleaned and new seals, pistons rebuilt. the front fork caliper mount was also replaced to something else to fit a bigger 180mm disc. It also had new cables fitted Jagwire. Also the wheels were replaced to some not very expensive ones to be honest (Can't recall what happened to the old ones. lost in a house move I think)
Basic spec,
Klein Attitude 1999 (built in Chehalis stickers on the frame)
Original Manitou forks (Sx-e I think, this were rebuilt around a year ago)
Original head set can remember the make (bearings were renewed when I used to ride a little)
Bontrager stem and crow bar handle bars- ( I put these on years ago)
XT thumb shifters (set it to work on 9 speed surprisingly, jumps two on one of the clicks)
XT front and rear derailleur (M750 I think)
XT front crank (M739 ??)
XT quick release skewers
Brakes are quite sort after now apparently. These are Hayes G1's apparently. The rear brake fits a 22mm mount. These work great. Levers are a little scratched.
The wheels have Shimano Hubs (Can't remember the model, Ritchey OCR rims)

If anyone could give me an idea of value. I have looked on all the usual auction sites and have a rough idea of value, I friend told me this is classed as a retro bike so I assume someone would be interested?

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 371
  • bik2.jpg
    bik2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 371
Hi there,
I know it is passed quite some time since you post this, but I'll try anyway.
I'm looking for these Hayes brakes: are you still in posses of the bike and/or the brakes? I would be really interested.

Back