Kastle Degree 11.0 FS

nice bike and very good job on the full restoration 👍

It's from 1996, as there isn't a lot of documenation about Kästle I'm happy to share a few bits
Kästle 11 FS aus BM1996.jpg
The test result (picture from Google translator) isn't great, but this is only a matter of the a bit cheaper components in particular the suspension Fork to provide an attractive price
Kästle FS11 Kurztest aus BM1996 tans.jpg

The higher equiped Kästle FS had all Marzocchi MX or DH forks. I would give it a try with a better fork, maybe even up to an early Bomber...

Last edited:
Kastle Degree 11.0 FS

Bike specs:
- 16" alu frame
- Marzocchi Zokes Pro fork
- 26" wheels
- Shimano STX 3x8 speed transmission
- Shimano Deore XT brake system
- 36x24 bottom bracket

The full video is here:

View attachment 834968

View attachment 834969

View attachment 834970

View attachment 834971

View attachment 834972

View attachment 834973
Hi nice job:) I just got Kastle fs 12.0 (just frame) I wondering what was the original fork, wheels etc. If any one can help? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4666.jpeg
    IMG_4666.jpeg
    888.1 KB · Views: 0
let me share again some info, I do appreciate if a bit more attention is spend with regards Kästle bikes here

Info from an buyers guide 1996
KÄSTLE FS12 aus BM 1996.jpg

Ad from 1996
Kästle Benetton Ad aus Bike 1996.jpg

A Marzocchi DH3 fork was original equipped, a bit surprising and outdated for 1996, no ahead set was used.

As mentioned at the ad, the bike came with the interesting brake system.
Maguras with specific Kästle brake pads with tooth, and specific rims fitting to this.
Kästle Magura.jpg

I've never used something like this, but the idea was mostly to increase the surface between the pads and the rims.

In particular this will be hard to get somewhere these days.

The iconic Kästle cranks do come up once in the while at ebay or classiefieds, just mostly overpriced.

Back