For Sale J.C.Parkes tandem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim747

Retro Newbie
Turquoise frame, white bands on both seat tubes. Has J.C.Parkes on downtube, but no model name anywhere on frame. I understand that bikes (as opposed to tandems) have a serial number on left rear drop out, but nothing visible on this tandem. Metal badge on head tube with Parkes Lightweight Bicycles Birmingham on it. Have seen a copy of the 1938 Sun catalogue, and this model looks like the Sun Club Tandem, with drum brakes back and front, the rear brake being operated by normal brake lever for the front rider, and a foot pedal for the rear rider. Rear rider also has normal calliper brake on rear wheel.

Might be a good idea for you to put a request with the site mods (see top of page on this forum's home page) that they transfer your thread to the Road Bike for Sale forum. At the moment you've posted it in Mtbs for Sale so would attract less interest (and also effects people selling mtb stuff).
But sounds like a nice tandem BTW:)

Not sure if this post is looking for info or is actually for sale? Regardless I think it's in the wrong section so rather than move it to the wrong place I'll just lock it. For info if you want to sell then please make sure a firm price is added; "offers taken" and "highest bidder wins" aren't permitted here. Pics, location and willingness to post will also help your sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back