I've got no soul....

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just wondering if there are any taller riders 6' riding cotic 26" souls? Im 6' 5".

My nephew keeps telling me to get a modern bike, so i thought as its still steel, this might be a good starting point.

As always, with age and a bad back against me, i wonder if its all going to be too small even in Large....which i think was the biggest they did. Ideally i need 0mm drop from saddle to bars.....

Just thought i might ask....

Did you look at the individual measurements of the different sizing? I can see it's all available online.

Yes, but its fairly meaningless as i dont have any comparison, having never owned anything like that geometry sadly.

I think even their large might be too small unless i put wheelbarrow length forks in it.

It could go either way. Without familiarity of this sort of 'small and long' geometry, you might either find it really fun, or really cramped.

I've always accepted Cotic's sizing to be on the smaller side (in line with the compact = "chuckable" line of thinking), however there were plenty of 6'0"+ riders 'back in the day' riding medium frames to throw around. For reference, I'm between S and M and ride a BFe in an S.

If you're willing to give it a shot, apply the usual compensations to dial fit it to taste (riser bars, longer stem, heaps of headset spacers, set back post etc etc) and see how you get on. Soul (and BFe) will accept up to a 140mm fork but a-c measurements vary greatly between forks makes. Fox and Marzocchi tend to be shorter for their given travel comparative to RS so it's worth factoring this in if you're counting mm.

They're good frames with a loyal fan base so if you don't get along with it, I'm sure you could flip the frame for what you paid for it.

Good luck!

Back