Isis BB need help

Don’t force it in! I know it doesn’t seem right but that’s just the way Truvativ’s ISIS bottom brackets are. It’s meant to protrude a little when used with 68mm shell. It’s due to it being a sealed unit designed to work with two different shell widths. Use the spacer on the drive side if required (chainline!), and the rubber O ring close to the shell on non-drive side( I guess it’s there to prevent dirt ingress). You should still be left with a 2-3mm gap on non-drive side. It will only sit flush in a 73mm shell without any spacers at all.
Edit: scrap that haha. I am talking rubbish. Just realised it’s the drive side cup not playing nicely...

Last edited:
Rubber o ring on non drive side, 1 spacer on drive side, I cannot get it even close enough to tighten unto the spacer, I'm aware that it shouldn't sit flush without spacers, but with the 1 included spacer is doesn't even come close. With 2 spacers on the drive side I am not even able to get it to tension unto the spacers, so something is wrong. I am scrapping the isis crankset idea at this point because its been going nowhere all evening.

I am sorry to hear it’s causing so much grief. I can only think of either chasing the threads, or making sure that the little bolt used for the cable guide under the shell isn’t in the way...🤔
Anyhow, I better stop now...

All the best. Isis or not

I am sorry to hear it’s causing so much grief. I can only think of either chasing the threads, or making sure that the little bolt used for the cable guide under the shell isn’t in the way...
Anyhow, I better stop...

All the best. Isis or not
I appreciate the input mate, I'd normally stick to it to work something out, but I'm getting fed up haha. Had a shitty day and this made it worse.

Have a nice middleburn crankset which I'll use instead.

Back