Internal cable routing damping

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm building up a bike with the dreaded internal routing, as is the current norm. I've read lots of complaints about jangling cables inside the frame and came across neoprene or foam sleeves for the cable outers which are supposedly good at reducing the twang.

They are cheap, but is it worth bothering with? As I need to run rear disc hose internally I'd want to fit the stuff before building if worth it, to avoid bleeding brake twice if the noise is as bad as some claim and fitting it later after finding out the hard way.

Anyone got opinions on the twang and or the alleged cure?

I’ve a few bikes with internal routing and one with fully integrated routing.

It’ll depend on whether the frame has an inner liner which the cable runs via ?

My fully intergrated one comes with a foam sleeve which was a bit of pain to fit and make sure the bars still turned ok.

My frame runs full length cables and hoses (brakes, dropper and mech) so nothing in the frame other than what I push through the holes.

Yes I understand, but inside the frame after the entry hole is there a liner inside to guide the cables out of the end or are the cables loose inside the frame and you have to mess around getting them out the other side?

As above. Nothing in frame. Entry ports can be removed for better access to loose cables but no liner, full length outers all the way.

Back