Impromptu South Coast Bimble. :-)

TSC.

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Visiting 'the folks' & have had the chance for an impromptu bimble this evening before the sun went down. :-D

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

Really? Where are you?

I just went from Highcliffe to Mudeford, might try to hit the New Forrest tomorrow if I can get time. Anywhere I should be aiming to ride on this side of the forrest?

It's not terribly exciting in the forest, really. Scenic, though. St Catherine's hill (north of Christchurch) has some nice bits. If you've got plenty of time you can keep going north and end up in Moors Valley/Ringwood Forest. There's some faintly entertaining singletrack (and the odd little jump) on the edge of Burton Common just north of the A35. I usually head Purbeckswards for hills...

Cool, thanks Mike, won't have much time, but might be able to sneak out for an hour, possibly two. :-D

Bit further east than Swanage, not much further though, just the other side of Bournemouth & Christchurch.

Thanks for the heads up makster, but I'm haven't really got the freedom to make plans, just have to nip out as & when I can. :)

You can fill an hour exploring little paths on Chewton Common, Cranemoor Common (just east of Hinton Admiral station) and the aforementioned Burton Common. Even some of the paths along the backs of houses can be fun. Mostly pretty cheeky but a friendly hello to anyone you meet works wonders :)

If you've got more time, do all that and then there's a bridleway running westwards from Burton Common (just south of Waterditch Farm) towards Burton, from where you can take back roads to the big roundabout on the Christchurch bypass, cycleway to Waitrose, up Fairmile road a little bit, right into Avon Buildings, pick up the riverside path at the end and follow your nose north. Brings you out at the southern end of St Catherine's, up and over there (nice descent the other side) and then either muck around in there for a bit and retrace or pop out east and blast back down the disused railway to the riverside path. Maybe then take the cycleway across Stanpit (from behind the Leisure Centre) and do Mudeford to Highcliffe along the coast for a gentle finale. Nice cup of tea or an ice cream at the castle :) Probably two hours.

Back