rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
And so it starts (or ends)

Got my first Import VAT charge and handling fee for a part I bought in Germany.

:( :x :facepalm:

Re: Import charges from Europe

rwm1962":1aawopey said:
That's premature. Which carrier?

Royal Mail are charging me, I don’t know who the original carrier was.

Peachy!":1rfhgsk0 said:
And so it starts (or ends)

Got my first Import VAT charge and handling fee for a part I bought in Germany.

:( :x :facepalm:

Crazy. I've just bought a Tune stem from Germany. So I expect, I too will have this to come!?!

Bloody brexit.

I'd be appealing it. Not due to come in, if at all, until next year. CN22's still not needed to send to EU.

rwm1962":sn6n250j said:
I'd be appealing it. Not due to come in, if at all, until next year. CN22's still not needed to send to EU.

Have you tried appealing these? I have... lots & lots of effort for absolutely no reward....

Once - in a case where the charge was correct based on the custom info given but the info was incorrect (from USA). Hard work. But this is a bit more fundamentally wrong so I'd be tempted to or pass into onto another body to pursue.

Re:

per Royal Mail its not them its Border Control / HMRC and a leaflet says on FAQ

"I don’t agree with the amount of VAT and Customs Duty charged, what should I do?

We cannot hand over any items until all the charges have been paid, nor can we enter into disputes on charges raised by Border Force or HMRC. If you don’t agree with the amount of VAT and Customs Duty charged you can appeal directly to Border Force by completing form BOR286, available on http://www.gov.uk (search Notice 143)."

Ta

Back