ICONOCLASSIC : 2016 / announcements!

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
A couple of posts copied over from the FB page, which are worth putting here to avoid confusion...!

Just a quick reminder that ‪ICONOCLASSIC‬ is purely for classic mountain bikes up to, and including, 1995 model year.
The show doesn't have a sliding age scale - the cut-off will always be 1995. It won't be 1996 cut-off next year because the show is a year older - it'll still be 1995.
No bikes newer than 1995 will be allowed into the show.
No bikes other than MTBs will be allowed into the show.
So to avoid disappointment or possible tension, please don't bring anything along which doesn't meet these simple stipulations and expect it to be put on display - cos it won't be... ;)
I'm sure this all sounds straight forward enough, and I don't want to sound like an arse and labour the point, but I'm still having people get in touch asking if their 1998 'x' fits the bill or whether they can show their 2012 Patriot, so felt the need for a quick statement.
Cheers.

For this year's show, set-up time is from 08.30, with the show opening to the public at 10.00.
Last year the set-up started a bit earlier, but chilling things a little this year hence later set-up start.
Please don't arrive too early / too late...

Not long to go now!
Layout will be similar to last year's show, but with the info marquee [where you can pick up a voting slip for the best in show comp] in the centre and the guys from Lemming Brewery set up next to it ready to fuel visitors through the day with their range of locally brewed ales... :)
This central area will be also have a space for anyone wanting to jumble unwanted vintage bike bits. The jumble area will be a little restrained in size this year to test the water - if it goes well and there's interest it can be extended for next year. So if you want to bring along bits to trade, please think along the lines of a blanket on the floor rather than rows of immaculately laid out tables...!
As I say, if it goes well it can easily be expanded to be a bigger feature at future shows - so if that's something you'd be interested in seeing, bring along your bits and bobs and get involved. Events such as this are pretty organic in how they grow and develop and which elements become regular and which get dropped... :)

Just to reiterate and make it clear, there's no formal registration required this year - just turn up Sunday a.m.
I know there are people planning to travel up on the Saturday and stay overnight - if you're one of these please mention the ICONOCLASSIC show and hopefully in future years we can negotiate discounts for visitors and attendees.

LINKS TO THE FACEBOOK PAGES FOR ICONOCLASSIC SHOW ARE IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW!

BoyBurning":kiwsf5tc said:
The show doesn't have a sliding age scale - the cut-off will always be 1995. It won't be 1996 cut-off next year because the show is a year older - it'll still be 1995.

:cry:

We've been here before when you queried it 2 years ago al-onestare.

As I replied at the time:

My interest in bikes stops at ’95, and I have zero interest in organising anything to include ’96 onwards bikes.

If this affects you, my apologies - but you could always buy an earlier bike! :LOL:

Nothing's changed since then, and it's not likely to I'm afraid!

:cool:

Back