I don't like moots anymore. Or Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB). New wheel size 750d anyone?šŸ˜

synchronicity

Senior Retro Guru

šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

The good news?
Have a look at the response its getting in instagram comments:
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Of course bigger is better, that is why black sheep has developed a 36" inch wheel size monster ... and that is the reason why this is a bad idea.

I have seen in the shop lot of gravel bikes with 2" tires or a bit more, like MTB but now MTB has 2.3 and 2.5 tires because ... I donĀ“t know really why because I still use 2.1" tires and will never go bigger at least rear. The reason why my bicycle is a fast rolling machine is only that: Normal tires, no more than 2.1 rear and 2.2 front Schwalve racing ralph or mavic cross max etc rear. Many of my friends compalin about they cannot roll at 30km/h for long distances ... mine yes. DonĀ“t use tires about 2.5 front and 2.35 rearšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Oh, yes you need a electric bicycle to move big tires in mtb ... they prepare all. It is so exhausting to move that big tires that a motor is the solution.

The MTB nowadays is a completly mess.

Well, it's all going round the same familiar circles - gravel bikes seem to be going toward 2" tyres now, repeating the path of MTBs in the late 80s.

The next thing will be to have a HUGE front wheel to get over bumps...penny farthing anyone?:rolleyes:

Of course bigger is better, that is why black sheep has developed a 36" inch wheel size monster ... and that is the reason why this is a bad idea.

I have seen in the shop lot of gravel bikes with 2" tires or a bit more, like MTB but now MTB has 2.3 and 2.5 tires because ... I donĀ“t know really why because I still use 2.1" tires and will never go bigger at least rear. The reason why my bicycle is a fast rolling machine is only that: Normal tires, no more than 2.1 rear and 2.2 front Schwalve racing ralph or mavic cross max etc rear. Many of my friends compalin about they cannot roll at 30km/h for long distances ... mine yes. DonĀ“t use tires about 2.5 front and 2.35 rearšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Oh, yes you need a electric bicycle to move big tires in mtb ... they prepare all. It is so exhausting to move that big tires that a motor is the solution.

The MTB nowadays is a completly mess.

I have 2.35 Schwalbe G One Speeds on my 29er rigid mountain bike. It comfortably rolls faster than a lot of road bikes on 23's, 25's, 28's etc. Rolling resistance is more about tread and tyre weight than width

I have 2.35 Schwalbe G One Speeds on my 29er rigid mountain bike. It comfortably rolls faster than a lot of road bikes on 23's, 25's, 28's etc. Rolling resistance is more about tread and tyre weight than width
Yes, of course is about that ā€¦ and you get better rolling tires the more narrow they are with the same patern and compound etc because they are lighter and has less foot print and less weight. With 26ā€ and 2.1 or 1.8 you can get a sub 500gr tire, even Maxxis has a sub 400gr tire. If you go to 29 and 2,5 ā€¦ how do you get a sub 400gr tire ā€¦

It is a example nothing more.

and you get better rolling tires the more narrow they are with the same pattern and compound etc because they are lighter and has less foot print and less weight.

Maybe on a perfectly smooth hard surface like a velodrome, but for the real world thatā€™s pretty much been dismissed.
A wider tyre can be run at lower pressure that deforms better and rolls over bumps rather than being knocked off line by them.
Even pros are using 28c rather 23c.

Maybe on a perfectly smooth hard surface like a velodrome, but for the real world thatā€™s pretty much been dismissed.
A wider tyre can be run at lower pressure that deforms better and rolls over bumps rather than being knocked off line by them.
Even pros are using 28c rather 23c.
Lower preasure more foot print and more roll resistance. No thank you. The suspension has to work too.

I donĀ“t buy that speech. Pros use what their patreons give to show off and shell us what they want. IĀ“m not a pro, I need fast rolling tires from 1.8" to 2.1 rear and 2.2 or 2.35" with good grip front. Diferent preasure front and rear.

Last edited:
Back