How do I un-seize this type of bottom bracket?

if you put the tool over the BB indents and a regular axle bolt into the threaded hole you should see how much spacing (many washers that fit over the spindle) you then need to stop the tool slipping , then GO for it as the plastic threads cannot possibly hurt the steel frame IMO

this tool will shift it.....I bought one when a similar problem occured with my FAG b/bracket, it fits neatly over the edge of the fixed cup at the same time screwing into the crank bolt thread in the axle end making sure it doesn't slip when unscrewing << http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacx-BB-Remover ... 0843631649 >> Tacx also make them for Shimano and Campag etc.

Griff

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cycletothesea":olknvlcg said:

....worth maybe if it saves your frames paint (plus you can re-use the FAG b/bracket) or your local LBS will have one in their workshop and will cost around a tenner to remove

HI the cups are a type of plastic i had to cut one out of a Hetchins few months ago.
Its a case of carefully cutting and prising it off. Then the part left in the shell you can cut down the middle and and prising it out.
i used small circular cutting disc on my dremmel.

Thanks for all the help guys. Don't have a dremel unfortunately. Think I may be shamed into taking it to LBS and asking for some extra muscle or tools - bloody thing will just not budge and I'm really precious about the frame.

Back