Sorted Hope XC rear hub

Konsta

Retro Guru
NOW SORTED!

Hi all and greetings from Finland. Been a long time since I last posted but now things are serious.
I'm looking for spare parts for my wife's beloved Hope XC rear hub.
Want to buy a Hope XC rear hub freehub body or the whole hub.
Please help! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Iirc as fluffy has suggested, there is likely to be a circlip in there. I had a set of hope hubs that had me scratching my head for the same reason but discovered a circlip holding the bearing in place.

Thanks for the replys!

Did my homework before starting of course. So yes I am aware of the circlip inside.
But the problem is the outer bearing that just does not come out. But maybe I´ll try the warming thing.

In this video the bearing comes out in 10 seconds:

I tried for an hour. Bigger problem is that I'm afraid I also managed to deform the other end of the freehub body (where the pawls sit) in the process.

That's why the wanted ad...

That's what I though, but then though does he mean inside bearing...
So thought I'd mention it.

Erm soaking, leaving to bask in the sun, fat rod and big hammer time. Keep at it.
Or take the cover off and damage the bugger from the outside (get it to move/shock etc).
Then the tap it out...

Good luck, they can be a bugger. Last one I did was 5years back now.

Well, your replies gave me the courage to keep on going. With a help of an improvised tool (I picked up a short piece of rebar from a nearby construction site) and some carefully considered hammer hits I finally managed to get the bugger out!

And: after a careful inspection it seems the other end of freehub body (where the pawls sit) was actually not as badly damaged as I feared.

So if everything goes well the hub will soon have new bearings in it and everything will be well. What a relief!

But I'm still interested in buying spare parts if you happen to have have an extra Hope XC rear hub laying around!

Aaargh when putting in new bearings I managed to jam the Hope bearing tool inside the freewheel body. I'm an idiot.

So: please sell me a spare Hope XC rear hub or freewheel body!

Last edited:
Still looking for a complete Hope XC rear hub (or a spare freehub body)!

Last edited:
There's a trashed hub on eBay, body broken but internals ok. I'd link to it but didn't save it.

Back