For Sale Hope brakes - wheels - pace mount/ torsion arm Ti glide

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Available as a bundle only as it all fits together. I realise it’s worth more seperatly but I’d like the kit to go together ideally.

Front wheel is X717 disc in silver on Hope hub in red (faded)

Rear is X719 on Hope Ti glide in red

Both hubs are smooth and wheels true.

Pair of faded Hope early skewers

Pair of rotors and spiders

Pair of brakes as shown. Front brake is for a RC36 fitting.

Rear brake is No2 caliper and torsion arm.

Rear hub is shorter version to work correctly. Included as bolts.

Both brakes need a bleed.

Price inc UK postage. Payment by paypal gift or fees covered please.

£160

IMG_5022.jpeg IMG_5023.jpeg IMG_5025.jpeg IMG_5024.jpeg IMG_5027.jpeg IMG_5028.jpeg IMG_5029.jpeg IMG_5032.jpeg IMG_5030.jpeg IMG_5033.jpeg

Hello. I have loads of hope hubs (some the same as you show in your photo) including, hope pro 2 hubs, hope pro 4 hubs, hope xc/bulbs etc. I also have the hope C2 1999 hope torsion floating brake system like your silver one but mines black. How do I mount the floating brake to the hub? I see you have a little screw that I don’t have - I would like to get the hope floating brake running again (it was my dads and he used it on his 2004 kona coiler deluxe when I was younger). Sadly he died in 2015 so I can’t ask him how it works unfortunately. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_8653.jpeg
    IMG_8653.jpeg
    935 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8660.jpeg
    IMG_8660.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello. I have loads of hope hubs (some the same as you show in your photo) including, hope pro 2 hubs, hope pro 4 hubs, hope xc/bulbs etc. I also have the hope C2 1999 hope torsion floating brake system like your silver one but mines black. How do I mount the floating brake to the hub? I see you have a little screw that I don’t have - I would like to get the hope floating brake running again (it was my dads and he used it on his 2004 kona coiler deluxe when I was younger). Sadly he died in 2015 so I can’t ask him how it works unfortunately. Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi, sorry to hear about your dad. That hub you have is not compatible with the torsion arm style caliper. Hope did a hub which was shorter in length to allow for the space the bracket takes up inside of the frame. It looks like you're missing a screw/bolt with a recess in it that is fixed to the frame, the hub then sits on this recess and normally on the cassette side. I have this exact setup, but it's on a bike in my garage loft and it's cold outside otherwise I'd take pictures.

Thanks for your reply, no need to apologise life has its downsides sometimes. I have a red hope hub like your ti glide too (mine isn’t ti though) . That could work. How would I mount to the hub? Do you need specific axle caps or something?

So I see you have a nut before the QR nut, what’s on the end of the hub? Is it a different hub axle like this: (I may have one in my toolbox) I’ll dig out tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_9987.jpeg
    IMG_9987.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
The regular looking nut on the outside of the dropout is what is holding the brake caliper to the frame. You can see the recessed section between the hub and caliper. This is what the hub sits into. I couldn't tell you what the hub spindle looks like, I've never dismantled it

Latest posts

Back