Sorted Hope Bigun wheels or hubs in red or grey

M124

Dirt Disciple
Looking for some hope Bigun hubs or wheelset in red or grey with a 12mm rear and 20mm front

Thanks for the offer but I am really looking for a matching pair with the correct axle sizes.

There is a set for £150 on the vintage DH group on facebook, but it is QR rear. The 12mm rear are much much harder to find. There is also a guy in Ireland selling a rear gold 12mm hub, but he wanted 100e +postage.

I had several sets recently and ended up selling them because I couldn't find a 12mm axle kit or even a hub/wheel to steal parts from. My last option was to take the QR rear to a machinist and get the QR axle and end caps drilled out, which would work.

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I don't use facebook.
I have been looking out for a pair of biguns with a 12mm rear for quite a while now with no success (rear hubs are the bane of my existence, I was originally trying to find an edco bigrock 15mm rear but have given up on that and am going to machine the axle to 12mm). If a nice set came up for the right price with a qr rear I could always look to have a rear 12mm conversion kit made up as I have a 12mm bigun on my m1, though I'm not sure what that would cost as I don't know anyone with a decent lathe

Well the vintage downhill group is great for sourcing parts and advice. If you need a good and cheap machinist, I know a guy I have used for both car and bike parts (he is currently making me a front hub!) - send me a PM and I would be happy to send his details on (he's a one-man-band in a little workshop type, top bloke and he loves doing little weird jobs for people).

What frame do you need the edco for? You could try Jamie Lynn at Mountain Mania.....he's one of the UK's biggest UK retro collectors and owns a ton of old and super rare parts, he might be able to assist (although he is usually super busy as he runs 5 bike shops)...

Last edited:
Well the vintage downhill group is great for sourcing parts and advice. If you need a good and cheap machinist, I know a guy I have used for both car and bike parts (he is currently making me a front hub!) - send me a PM and I would be happy to send his details on (he's a one-man-band in a little workshop type, top bloke and he loves doing little weird jobs for people).

What frame do you need the edco for? You could try Jamie Lynn at Mountain Mania.....he's one of the UK's biggest UK retro collectors and owns a ton of old and super rare parts, he might be able to assist (although he is usually super busy as he runs 5 bike shops)...
Not using Facebook seems to be a disadvantage but I have always avoided using it as I'm not a fan of social media, Expecially when the business model is predicated on selling on your personal info (my inner luddite showing through)

Its very likely that I will need an engineer in the near future to have a rear axle conversion made for a big un and the axle from the bike turned down/reproduced if I don't manage to find a set with a 12mm rear or 15/25mm edco by the time I get the rest of the parts I need sorted, so that would be great.

I did think about trying to contact Jamie from mountain mania after seeing him in a few videos (Rob Warners giant rebuild, gmbn) but I figured he is probably inundated with requests and wouldn't appreciate being bothered.

The frame is a sintessi bazooka 3, had been looking out for one for years and got this well used one on eBay with the intention of fully restoring it s-l400-17.jpg

Back