ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I was wondering whether there are other cranks apart from Shimano compatible with the hollow tech 2 bottom bracket in my bike?

Cheers

Any non GXP 24mm axle cranks should fit. That rules out SRAM and most Truvativ. I’ve used Race Face Aefect before. Not a Shimano fanboy but they do make the best cranks. Well, except for the fact they are constantly changing bolt patterns.

Any particular reason for no Shimano?

Any non GXP 24mm axle cranks should fit. That rules out SRAM and most Truvativ. I’ve used Race Face Aefect before. Not a Shimano fanboy but they do make the best cranks. Well, except for the fact they are constantly changing bolt patterns.

Any particular reason for no Shimano?
Thanks man! That’s very helpful !!
I was curious as I do like the face face and some others I’ve seen such as PMP and wanted to know in case I feel like a change. The bike currently has M960

Race face, FSA, e-thirteen (obvs not the 30mm ones), I think middleburn rs8s. Gxp can work with an adapter sleeve thingy on one side. Rotor maybe. Pretty much most brands with a 24mm axle, but even then, you can get adapters.

Race face, FSA, e-thirteen (obvs not the 30mm ones), I think middleburn rs8s. Gxp can work with an adapter sleeve thingy on one side. Rotor maybe. Pretty much most brands with a 24mm axle, but even then, you can get adapters.
Thanks Ian !
I for some reason thought a Hollowtech 2 was a propriety format and most other cranksets had some other standard

Works well on designs where the shim attaches to the actual bearing, such as Hope BB but I’m not convinced they are great on Shimano BBs that have the plastic top hat.
They can also be very hard to remove if you need to swap bearings. For all the price of a GPX BB I don’t think they are worth the hassle unless you want a posh bb.

Works well on designs where the shim attaches to the actual bearing, such as Hope BB but I’m not convinced they are great on Shimano BBs that have the plastic top hat.
They can also be very hard to remove if you need to swap bearings. For all the price of a GPX BB I don’t think they are worth the hassle unless you want a posh bb.
I was looking at an Italian set of cranks such as a PMP or FRM
The FRM needs a shim or spacer if it doesn’t come with its own BB. But not 100% sure about compatibility

The M960 seems fine though and the style is growing on me and I’m now inclined to leave it.

Back