Help with tires - can someone show me how it's done?

Re:

I remember fitting some geax hybrid tyres onto a bike . They were complete and utter ...... to get on. I realised that if i had a puncture i'd never be able to repair them at the side of the road so i removed them - they were so tight i had to hacksaw them off.

Two things I do when a tyre wont fit straight. As above go up to max pressure and wait for the pop (well hopefully). Failing that let it back down again and leave minimal pressure in it. The bang the wheel vertically on the ground and then move it round and do the next bit of tyre until you have done the whole wheel. Dont got too low on pressure or bang it to hard as to damage the rim. Then pump it back up to max pressure and wait for the tell tale pop again. One or the other always seems to work for me but yep some combinations are just plain rubbish.

I purchased a second hand Panaracer Pasela. It went on in 30s...

I still have problems centering the tire, because the rim tape prevents the tire beads to sit properly in the rim walls, but I think I can solve that somehow.

Re: Re:

Ugo51":39pdtpi0 said:
I purchased a second hand Panaracer Pasela. It went on in 30s...

I still have problems centering the tire, because the rim tape prevents the tire beads to sit properly in the rim walls, but I think I can solve that somehow.

cool

Captain Stupido":39pdtpi0 said:
IME rim tape can also cause problems, especially when things are tight. Make sure it's correctly seated and not too wide...

Re: Re:

Captain Stupido":q6ck7fff said:
IME rim tape can also cause problems, especially when things are tight. Make sure it's correctly seated and not too wide...

Yes. I think I'll need to trim it, because the central portion of the rim is really narrow, around 10mm. The rim tape would be wide enough if it seated perfectly in the centre, but it tends to move around.
I have a narrower rim tape, but it's very thick.

Back