Help with identifying frame

GT BIKE RIDER

Retro Guru
Hi all.I purchased this frame recently and been trying to identify.I am thinking of building or letting go ,so any info would be greatful.

The only info that i can see is a sn under bb.H5k0 b9 0058.
I think the shock is a cane creek.Thanks

Attachments

• P1010075.JPG
    P1010075.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 2,587
never seen owt like it before

really interesting ,me i'd build it just to see what it rides like

Blimey!

No real help on identification I'm afraid

But I agree, you ought to build it

Looks like if the swing arm deflects up, the top tube/seat tube will be caused to be levered downward...

That is a suspened or pivoting top tube, I grubbed about searching with terms around that and found one or two oddities, eg a Cannondale where the whole rear triangle pivoted about the BB with the shock in the top tube!

But still not as odd as yours

I don't really understand what the aim of this arrangement is!

Quality construction and obviously incredibly rare, probably a one off? But it has an S/N which would suggest it's production :?:

Something like this?

Scott_Neva.JPG

It's actually a 1996 Scott Vertigo (Rock Shox Deluxe damper came next year), 7005 alu.

ScottVertigoLSD1.jpg

:LOL:

The facts must be right of course; the Deluxe damper came in 1996 too, but this particular frame was maybe not on a top-of-the-line bike (OR the bike was assembled with more xc oriented components). The pivot system is very interesting indeed, think about the modern Salsa el kaboing..

There was a finnish guy who was in the podium in the Scandinavian dh championships in 1996 or 1997 in junior M-16 series riding a similar frame. Don't know how it rides but could be interesting to build an early dh/freeride bike with it.

96 Specs

'96 specs are here

XT/LX mix so deffo aimed at the hardcore XC cyclist, retail $1900 or something, so north of £2000 in rip off Britain

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Bike ... &Type=bike

Still doesn't make any sense, making the rider part of the suspension effectively communicating the undulations of the surface to the rider!!!

This El Kaboing has a fixed top tube:

http://www.bikemag.com/news/freshproduc ... -big-mama/

- Suspension arrangement looks normalish and tidy (pivots about the BB) But I see the twist, there is no 'pivot' the pivotting is done by flexion of the chainstays!

This was my closest other

http://www.bnqt.com/blogs/detail/Aaron- ... -Bike/3278

It's a Cannondale...

What do you think on the Scott, for rarity value?

Hi,sorry i did not get back soon,i did not get email notification for some reason.
Wow,you guys are good.It is a scott.The rear triangle has black paint in some spots and small traces of yellow but i thought it was primer for aluminum so it could be yellow.
I am curious about the way it would ride.So i might build it.Thanks

You know after looking at bikepedia it is a 1996 Scott Vertigo lsd pro.
It has the fox alps 4r rear shock.Color is yellow.
I guess this is a downhill,the forks listed are Rock Shox Judy DH.
This is why i use Retrobike.You guys are good.Thanks

Back