Help to identify a bicycle please

tom1981

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and need some help please. We were clearing out my Grandmother's garage and came across an old bike but I do not know much about bikes and would like to identify what model it is and what I could do with it. It says Olympic 75 on the saddle but I can't see any other markings to identify the model. I have included some photos. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your help.
Tom

Attachments

• 20150201_165422-N.jpg
    20150201_165422-N.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 2,942
  • Saddle.jpg
    Saddle.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,942
  • Bike front.jpg
    Bike front.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,942
  • Bike front.jpg
    Bike front.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,942
  • Bike front2.jpg
    Bike front2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,942
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,942
Re:

Sorry Tom no idea it is missing it's chain guard though
Probably a Triumph,BSA or New Hudson.
I used to work in a bakeshop in Lincolnshire and the boss had a policy of free puncture repairs for old folk. They used to drop by with this sort of nonsense and a puncture would take around 40 mins by the time you figured out how to release the rod brakes and get the wheel out.
Cotter pin changes were the worst all blowtorches and hammers in the workshop with the boss's dad standing over us telling us we were as thick as pig shit :) those were the days we just didn't realise it at the time.

That takes me back, I used to work in a bike shop in the 70's :)

You get pretty good at mending punctures keeping the wheel in when they have a fully enclosed chain case lol. Yep, cotter pins !!

Shaun

Midlife":3g2jdj9v said:
That takes me back, I used to work in a bike shop in the 70's :)

You get pretty good at mending punctures keeping the wheel in when they have a fully enclosed chain case lol. Yep, cotter pins !!

Shaun

Anything to do with enclosed chains needs an engineering degree just to get the damn things off :LOL: and the modern pashleys are worse.
Its a tie in with cover,side skirts, sturmey gear cable,wheel,rack and guard.

If you decide to renovate it I would recommend you take lots of pics at each stage and lay out all the parts in the order they came off ,then photograph that too.

Back