GT zaskar brake routing..

enigma

Retro Guru
Hi All,
ive been collecting parts for an old friend to rebuild his old Zaskar the way I have done with a couple of my own bikes, not silly money, but parts we would of killed for and couldnt afford when the bikes were made, mostly lx / xt of the mid nineties etc.. currently has a mis match as he hasn't been persuaded on here and gotten as obsessed as the rest of us!
He has v brakes on it, its a 97 frame so he reckons, I forgot to take frame number pics.. and when he saw the dia compe canti on one of my orange clockworks and was advised they work better than his budget v brakes he fell in love with them, and he's running canti deore lx brifters, the nice ones with shorter levers.. so its a good fit.
The bit that puzzles me is the routing, it has a collar welded on the side of the seat tube, but I think there must be a need for some sort of shroud of sheath for the cable to prevent it rubbing away the seat tube?
If anyone could share a shot of the rear brake cable routing of a canti built zaskar, or any helpful info I would really appreciate it, as soon as I find some dia compe cantis we are ready to rebuild the bike otherwise, if necssary we will go lx v brake, but i need to see how the routing works first!
Heres hoping the populus can help. cheers Ben

Latest posts

Back