GT XCR 4000

squall7778

Retro Newbie
can anyone tell me where to get a back triangle and parts for this bike its kinda a project of mine and i want to get her up and going. somewhere in the us plz

hey thanx!! im new to the bike scene and into building up this xcr that i got...question...so the back triangle, one of the welds broke last weekend(easter weekend) just got it welded today just as a temp fix till i can find a part cause its my transportation to work...what are your thoughts on it? will it hold and how reliable is this fix? i ride hard i go top sped curb jumping and i ride in urban (city) mostly.

Re:

Bloody hell its a URT. GT must have been one of the users of that technology, Probably not many of that design in the post 97 section period.

Hope you come up trumps buddy as I love my URT Orange even if folks scoff at its catalogue bike backend these days

Good link posted above^^^ and since theres appears to be alot of love for them I'm sure you'll score a result.

.....oh and welcome to RB

Re:

They were not actually URT as the bb pivoted in the bb shell. Weird set up and I didn't like mine much. They're still using a heavily modified version now I think.

If you get a steel frame welded there's no reason to think it won't last a good long time as long as it's a decent job.

Back