For Sale GT Team Lotto . Time trial bike. 2000

harriesa3

Retro Newbie
Here for sale is this ex Team issue TT frame (plus compenents added after ). I bought this as frame and forks with the Cinelli Angel bars about 15yrs ago now... and built up with generally period parts and some that are more modern.
Mavic Cosmic tubular from the era, slightly more modern 9 spd 6600 ultegra crankset, rear mech, brakes. Microshift Centos front mech, Profile 'lay forward' triathlon type seat post. Shimano indexed bar end TT shifters. ITM brake levers .... was purchased from a race mechanic who worked for GT (or he came by it from another race mechanic) As I recall.. The frames were hastily (but skillfully) made in USA just in time for the launch of the first pro road ream sponsored by GT. This frame was reputed to be supplied to Andrei Tshmil to use in the grand tours that year (the serial number has the initials AT on it, this was pointed put to me by the seller when I purchased it..can send a photo for authentication checking if needed)
I used it for some TT and Triathlons about 10 yr ago . Has been stored dry in the loft. Internal cable routing for rear brake along top tube goes round seat post and the way its made, it rubs between seatpost and frame, so to avoid this, the cabling goes external ( a previous solution noted when I purchased it was that the seatpost it came with had been cut down to allow the cable to go internal). Please feel free to ask any questions or requestsfor more photos.

Looking for £800 all in but would consider splitting. Will happily ship by courier to UK or abroad .

Attachments

• 20220727_103935.jpg
    20220727_103935.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220727_103923.jpg
    20220727_103923.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 65
That's pretty cool! Judging by the welds, hastily put together is an understatement!

That's pretty cool! Judging by the welds, hastily put together is an understatement!
Back then welds like this were common on all aluminium frames. Also on the first generation threadless stems. That was the common manufacturing method rather than any sub standard rush job

Latest posts

Back