GT Avalanche (1990?)

PhillB

GT Fan
GT Avalanche

Needs a full resto.. nice Araya RM17s, AME grips look good? Full DX

It's a big-un otherwise I'd have bought it!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You're right Phill,

1990. Looks to be fully original except for the front shifter pod/STI unit.

I could do with those grips mind you if I wanted to bring my Team Avalanche closer to original spec. Not for £150 though!!! 🤣

Plus that's one BIG GT, no use to us shorties unless we're using it to rob parts off it!

Also 2.5 hours away by car - you got to check these things just in case! 🤪

They are obviously open to offers as got this through from eBay... Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 12.33.52.png
£127 is a lot of money for a pair of grips! Although it does have original tyres... BUT postage is pretty much £50 or fuel + 5 hours in a car

You're right Phill,

1990. Looks to be fully original except for the front shifter pod/STI unit.

I could do with those grips mind you if I wanted to bring my Team Avalanche closer to original spec. Not for £150 though!!! 🤣

Plus that's one BIG GT, no use to us shorties unless we're using it to rob parts off it!

Also 2.5 hours away by car - you got to check these things just in case! 🤪
Heheh , I checked the distance too! :LOL:

There's easily more than £150 value in that DX Groupset, grips and Araya wheel set. Looks in really good shape under the grime, I reckon it would restore up really nice...I'm just too short!!

Exactly that Phill. Megabites are worth a decent amount if in good condition and there's plenty of value in all the other components. But ANOTHER bike in a garage that is tight for space... and I'm terrible at selling stuff too!!! 🤣

BUT if I bought it, my Team Avalanche would be back to catalogue spec... 😜

Latest posts

Back