Gritopia or Enjoyro?

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Got Sharron’s blessing to do either Gritopia or Enjoyro at the Transcend festival but not sure which.
Like the idea of enduro racing, but worried about getting constantly caught by faster riders on a charge. Enjoyro course a bit easier and aimed at beginners and kids. Worried it might be too easy and a bit short.

Gritopia sounds good as well but 40 mile off-road sounds tough, especially as I’m not sure how many miles I’ll get in once bubba arrives. Sounds quite chilled though and would take in places I’ve never been.
I know some of you did gritopia last year. Looking back would you do it again?

Re:

Of the 2, I think I'd go for Gritopia, see a few new trails, don't worry about the distance too much as it's not a race so you can pace yourself and (try) and enjoy it.
Didn't Velo do Gritopia last year?

Re:

Gritopia is not technically challenging but is physically demanding. First you ride up to radio mast at gt via Janet's brae which is a bugger as we know. Then follows one of the best easy long off road descents which will leave you grinning. Unfortunately its followed by another lung busting climb but good descent then a B-road dash and then a third bugger of a climb but good descent the B roads back to start. It beat me and I failed to complete. I plan to try again this year but I need to properly train this time, its a real endurance test.

Re: Re:

rode round gritopia at the end of the summer, cracking course, but

jimo746":it5gcapz said:
So it's basically just climb, descend, B-road, repeat? :LOL:

yeah, 3 BIG climbs, tho there's not many road miles, but your actually grateful for them when they come.

Back