Gil helped transform my hack bike... Pinnacle to Alpinestars

generallee

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I had been rather bored of the look of my commute/pub/hack bike, a Pinnacle Ramin One for a while - I love it as a general dogsbody machine, but the Pinnacle graphics always bothered me.

So, after some great help from the decal master Gil - we concocted a slight transformation into the ALpinnacleSTARS Al-Mega!

As some of you know, my love of old Alpinestars is strong, buy I am yet to score a real one... this is just a little homage to my favourite era of mountain biking...and riding this just makes me smile lots more now.
Gil's work is excellent. My application of decals is not.. I'm not bothered by the odd air bubble thank goodness, but this one came out mostly alright.
Yes - I know the MTN XROSS should be on the seattube not the seatstays, but it's curved and looked odd - and we had to put a strange yellow sticker over the existing seattube decal (laquered in) and put the square A* decal there rather than further up... but I was only going for an Al-Mega theme.. Only a bit of fun!

Thanks again to Gil for the decals, please excuse the terrible pics - it has been stormy and dark here for about 90 days straight!

Cheers,
Steve

As it was
PIN1_zpsqs7g7ym7.jpg

As it is
PIN2_zpsi9agmjru.jpg

PIN5_zpslxq1c353.jpg

PIN3_zpsckqrqwmt.jpg

PIN4_zps6kkxsql4.jpg

Latest posts

Back