Giant Peloton superlite 1998-2002

dutchie

Retro Guru
img_1395.jpg

img_1396.jpg

I bought this earlier this month. For a little amount of Euro's. At first I'd planned to restore and sell it. But I came to the conclusion that I decided to keep it myself. :D
The wheels (and tires) are not the ones I bought it with. They were crushed. I will rebuild them and made use of them for an other future project. This here are Mavic MA2 rims with Shimano 600 EX hubs (and HG 7 speed) and YAW 23 mm Nitro tires. And also these are my own (Shimano) Look pedals instead of the original ones which were Shimano's with toeclips and straps, but they were completely worn out. The rear mech was skewed due to a crash in the tram rails, just with the wheels. I was able to repair it. Two black water bottle cages from the bin, teh only white one was broken. Two afternoons and all the problems could be solved. And a new bar tape has been since these photo's were taken. Lovely bike. ;)

Re:

nice bike. i have a speeder lite from the same period which is my winter bike and it rides lovely. Very comfy and lovely smooth gear changes from the exage groupset.

had a few of these always ride well , just watch for seized seat post for some strange reason common on these

Re:

No seized seatpost as well as none on the steerer. A little bit of grease can make teh difference. but I agree. Most of the time, bikes of this age are suffering with this... ;-)

here are a couple of retro Giants i have owned over the years the multi coloured one was a fantastic bike ti ride and the other one wasnt to bad either .

And later this week should have one of the newer alloy versions turning up

Attachments

• giant1.JPG
    giant1.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 1,752
  • giant2.JPG
    giant2.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 1,752
just started doing some miles on this later 7000 series model

only meant to have done 200 - 300 miles from new

Attachments

• peloton2.jpg