Giant Cedex 980C carbon frame

ignatzcatz

Dirt Disciple
As per the heading the frame is an early Giant Cedex carbon frame which I'm fairly reliably informed is of the type ridden by Hinault in the '80's. Whatever it is quite light and in very good condition. The size is 55cm centre bottom bracket which is English thread to top of the top tube and the top tube is also 55cm from centre to centre. The forks, head tube and seat pin lug assy are all polished aluminium which all shine up like chrome. This is one of the first carbon frames together with the Alan Carbonio and subsequently is quite a rare piece of kit. The reasons for selling the frame is that it is just a couple of cms too big for me being slightly vertically challenged and I prefer to sit 'a la Belge' so to speak. Yours for £95 and despatch worldwide at cost.

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 866
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 866
  • IMG_1234.JPG
    IMG_1234.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 866
  • IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 865
Re:

Hello.
What is the rear spacing and seatpost diameter? Also do you have any kind of cost info to ship it to Sweden.

Regards,
Richard Lees.

Re:

Looks nice and a good price, but these were several years after the Look frames as ridden by Hinault and La Vie Claire (he was retired by the time these were first made)

I have a slightly later model, they're nice frames

Re:

I have owned one a these from new, still gets used on my turbo. I think I bought mine in 1992.
The rear spacing is 130mm, threaded 1" headset, 27.2mm seatpost. They come with a generous coat of lacquer which has prevented bumps & scratches on mine over the years. It won't become apparent until it is built that the top tube has a very slight slope down towards the front, they came with a 20mm or so headset spacer and extra steerer thread to compensate for the slope.

Not the lightest, but they are good quality frames.

Re:

I remember the first one I saw, a nat squad junior rider had one. This would have been around 88/89. At that time, it was a rare beast, everyone examining it, and it looked much more futuristic than the carbon frames from vitus and Alan.
Later into the 90's giant tended to offer painted cadex frames rather than the naked carbon

Latest posts

Back