Giant Cadex MCM-3 Commut bike Project

Bart_75

Dirt Disciple
Finally had the chance to get myself a Giant Mcm, always loved the look of the frame . I picked it up for a real bargain price. Beside the ugly bagage rack and light dynamo and stickers the previous owner slapped on this bike it doesn't looks that bad. It just need some good love handeling on the paint and some better parts.
First i was thinking to respray it but now i'm more thinking to leave it in it's original color .
I already disassembled the bike and parts but there is some work to do on the paint to remove some rests and leftovers from stickers that don't belong there .
Plans are to slap some better parts on it and use this as my commut ride to work .
I'm trying to find some info of this bike , like the year this bike is made?
Maby someone knows it here because i googled and search for it but no succes.
This is the serial nr : GH5A268.
My guess is 1995
(Sorry for my bad English)

Nice find and nice project :cool:
It's a 1996 model, here's a link to the brochure;

CCl Patrick, I have MCM-3 I’ve had from new in 98, that could be for sale. Depends what size frame you need?

Hello
Finally had the chance to get myself a Giant Mcm, always loved the look of the frame . I picked it up for a real bargain price. Beside the ugly bagage rack and light dynamo and stickers the previous owner slapped on this bike it doesn't looks that bad. It just need some good love handeling on the paint and some better parts.
First i was thinking to respray it but now i'm more thinking to leave it in it's original color .
I already disassembled the bike and parts but there is some work to do on the paint to remove some rests and leftovers from stickers that don't belong there .
Plans are to slap some better parts on it and use this as my commut ride to work .
I'm trying to find some info of this bike , like the year this bike is made?
Maby someone knows it here because i googled and search for it but no succes.
This is the serial nr : GH5A268.
My guess is 1995
(Sorry for my bad English)

Hello Bart! Any updates on the build? I've purchased one for winter commuting. Installed drop bars. I'm just curious what did you do with yours. Btw, did you have any troubles with a stuck seatpost?

Attachments

• photo1700040389.jpeg
    photo1700040389.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi , great looking bike mate and love the dropbar setup on this one. I think it's a good match for a gravelbike.
I still have mine hanging here on the wall waiting to get build up , when i see yours it also give me the motivation to build it up as a gravelbike.
I didn't had issues with a stuck seatpost. I hope yours is loose or is it still stuck?

Back