Wanted Full suspension frame (large)

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi all. As some of you may be aware my beloved Marin Rift Zone 29er cracked last year and as much as I've tried selling everything, saving up and trying to raise money to replace it, I'm never going to be able to afford anything similar to it. So I'm hoping that I can build something special that I'll love as much as the Marin even if it's nowhere near as good.

I'm looking for a full suspension frame in size large (19-20") with a good rear shock. Spec wise I'm only going to be fitting the 1x10 groupset from the Marin so not after an expensive bike (I'd be too afraid to ride a bike worth more than £500 off road). I just want a bike I can use to rebuild my confidence off road and use for the memorial challenge I have planned for Fran which I've had to delay as have spent more time in doctors and hospital recently than being able to train. That's why I'm looking for a frame so I can at least build something sentimental if it's not brilliant.

I'm in Cornwall so postage/courier is probably going to be necessary. Budget wise I've got £200 saved up for the frame (so I can afford forks and wheels) but could stretch to £300 if there were forks as well. Not expecting a lot for the money.

If anyone can help please just message me as I'm rarely on here nowadays (trying to spend less time on phone/computer because of my mental health) and at least I'll get a notification when someone messages.

Thanks everyone, the legends that are Retrobike members.

Latest posts

Back