FS Kona Explosif Joe Murray - Full Bike or Frameset

alesupper

Retro Newbie
==============================================================

This has now been stripped down and I am selling the parts separately and I will advertise them on another post.

Frame, forks, Ritchey Headset, bottom bracket and seat post - £175 inc delivery.

==============================================================
Here is my Kona Explosif Joe Murray. I am happy to sell it as a full bike or frameset which ever you prefer.

I'm not 100% sure how old it is because I bought it second hand from a guy at work 15 years ago. However, about three years ago I got it professionally resprayed and at the same time I bought some decals for it that matched the originals and they were listed as 1993 decals. I never got round to putting the decals on so I will throw them in with the bike or frame.

As already stated I have owned this bike for 15 years and in that time it has done less than 100 miles. I only ever used the bike for riding with the kids or going to the shops and it has never been off road since I have owned it.

The bike is in excellent condition with no dents or scrapes. The only slight cosmetic thing is the chainstay because I never put a cover on it (see photo below). The front rim (I don't know the brand) is very slightly dented and has been since I have owned it so this could probably do with being replaced. The rear rim is Mavic 238 and is good condition.

The brake calipers, front mech, rear mech and the shifters are all Deore XT (7 speed). I presume that the chainset is also Deore XT but I am not 100% sure about that. The brake levers are SLX.

Full bike £200

Frame and Forks £150

I am happy to post but the buyer will pay any postage costs.

Size: 19" (centre of BB to top of seat tube)

fullbike1.jpg

fullbike2.jpg

fullbike3.jpg

chainstay.jpg

hub.jpg

rearmech.jpg

frontmech.jpg

rearbrakes.jpg

frontbrakes.jpg

rim.jpg

shifter.jpg

stem.jpg

chainset.jpg

decals.jpg
[/img]

This would make a nice nippy commuter/hack for somebody out there, alas not me - It looks a little on the large side for my lil' ole' legs :LOL:

If you do end up splitting, I'd be interested in the rear Mavic rim w/ XT Hub ;).

Funny you should mention size as I have just realised I haven't put any dimensions on the post.

I don't know what size frame this is so can anyone tell me where I should measure? BB to top of seat tube perhaps?

that is a good price, nice bike but If I was you I would split as you would prob get more money selling the frame and forks and then the xt bits separately ;)

Back