FS: Klein Adroit 1996 - Medium/20" - MC2/XT/XTR - Price Drop

jackbamford

Retro Newbie
Here for sale is my beloved 1996 Klein Adroit mountain bike, it is a medium in size (20") and is painted in the wonderful Koi colour scheme. Its serial number is 20T0496037

It is a gem of a mountain bike, anyone interested in old bikes will know how much of a classic this era of Klien is considered to be. Its one of the best bikes I have ever ridden, even when compared to most of todays bikes. The frame is incredibly light and stiff which allows you to get all your power down really well, makes long distance rides seem like a walk in the park and tough climbs more fun than challenging.

"Gary Klein did not manufacture bicycles, he was an artist that painted in Aluminium"

The bikes spec is as follows;
20" 1996 Klein Adroit frame in Koi colour scheme - s/n 20T0496037
Original MC2 Bar and Stem - One of the parts that makes this bike ride so well!
Original Rockshox Judy SL forks - perfect match for the bike, some cosmetic damage, but excellent working order
Shimano XT Front Chainset M739
Shimano XT Derailleur
Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur M950
Shimano XTR Shifters M951
Shimano XT Wheelset - Front working well, rear has a problem, so have replaced with a brand new basic shimano wheel. I can supply original if you like.
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Tyres - Brand new
Avid SD 1.9L Brake Levers
Avid 20 V Brakes with brand new clarks pads - work great
Giro Nisene Saddle
Answer lock on grips - match the colour scheme great
Crank Brothers Candy 1 pedals - very light and can be included if you want clipless pedals

This bike is in used condition, meaning it does have a few scuffs and chain suck, all usual for its age. It also has a few small-ish dents in the top tube, however they don't affect the structure or integrity of the frame, which is still straight and true. I have tried to photograph these as best as possible.

We have owned the bike since 2000 and it has spent most of its time in our garage since then. I have recently cleaned her up and ridden her a few times, and honestly can say she rides amazingly for her age. I am 5'11" and she fits me fine.

If you want to come and have a ride before you purchase do get in touch and we can arrange this.

Looking for £550 O.N.O

Collection from Berkshire, UK or buyer arranges postage

01_zpsklabpi3f.jpg

02_zpstfqqfwu9.jpg

03_zpsn8evxzo1.jpg

04_zpsggb6afno.jpg

05_zpsz62iwcwh.jpg

06_zpsfys53mts.jpg

07_zps11boay1t.jpg

08_zps5qrndmmi.jpg

09_zps9ifwlivo.jpg

10_zpsdygvmajf.jpg