FS 1990s Campy Vento 50mm Aero Wheels, polished silver, £395

OldFatTi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Vintage Campagnolo Vento (Shamal/Zonda/Eurus) aero wheelset

Full album of 5MP hi-res pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68436226@N ... 331800262/

The ORIGINAL 1990's Campy Vento, the ORIGINAL deep section road race wheelset!

This is a very sought after 1990's wheelset now.

Vento 20 HPW, rare 20-spoke version, much stronger and more reliable in use than the 16-spoke version!

I have just seen a set sell on ebay in the USA for $600 + shipping and they had a huge scuff/scratch on them, so not even as nice as the set I am offering here.

50mm deep section rims in beautiful polished aluminium

Original "Campagnolo" and "Vento" decals. Made in Italy.

20 Campag bladed aero spokes per wheel

Original Campag skewers

Campagnolo 8 speed 12-21 cassette included, also hardly used.

These wheels can also run 9/10/11 speed with a quick swap of freehub (uses freehub from regular Chorus hubs, all parts readily available from Campy dealers)

There are a few very light scratches on the rims, a couple of deeper scratches (from storage/handling) as pictured and some brake track marks but no actual wear. See large pics in album.

Overall these really are excellent for the age and have been used very little. The rear brake track has hardly seen a brake block! This is highly likely to be the best set of 1990's Campy aero wheels you will find.

The hubs are excellent and the wheels run nice and true. They are also superfast as many on my local TT will testify! I embarressed a good few carbon fetishists on a standard steel De Rosa with these gleaming wheels! ;)

De rigeur Velox rim tapes fitted.

Everything is original, never had any parts repaired or replaced. Beautiful Campag quality.

£395 + shipping, will ship worldwide at cost, in a proper wheel box. UK mainland will be £15.

Can also accept payment in Dollars from US buyers to save on exchange fees.

Will accept cheque, cash, bank transfer or Paypal as gift.

Thanks!

Back