Free Schwinn Paramount

Nabeaquam

BoTM Winner
My mail man is always delivering bike stuff here so he knows I’m into bikes. I live in the middle of the bush so our mailman is a contractor and a local guy. He told me there was a skinny tired bike with a for free sign on it hanging on a mailbox on the Buckhorn Road. I couldn’t go until the next day but it was still there. It was meant to be, it fit without adjustment and it is in perfect mechanical shape. All it needed was new tires. Sweet ride and faster than the Waterford ones because it’s stiffer. I used it in a 12 hour time trial and of course for road trips. IMG_0242.jpeg IMG_0243.jpeg IMG_0244.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg IMG_0246.jpeg IMG_0249.jpeg IMG_0250.jpeg

Last edited:
that is a whole lot of bike for no outlay.

would your postman be perhaps basic the assumption that you like to play with bikes by the fence you have in the back ground?
Good eye, the fence doesn’t show up that well. These were free donor bikes, for parts. I use the fence frames for tubing. I cut off sections of tubing to make hack bikes or for outdoor furniture braces or whatever. Once their pretty much used up they go to the volunteer fire department scrap drive. My mailbox is a 1.5 Km away from the fence, on a gravel access road so he has never seen it. I do occasionally get bikes from places like Bulgaria, UK, USA and other places. I have to go to the post office to get them and I get questions. So he knows about my bike obsession.

sweet PDG! I nearly picked one up in that same paint for $300 locally a month or so back but I hesitated . . .naturally it poofed when I decided I wanted it

Back