Sorted Fox 32 v lowers or donor fork

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Tough ask I suppose but trying to pimp a ride for a friend on a budget. I've got most things sorted but the Marin frame and planned component improvements deserve better than the crappy sync fork it came with.

I have just sourced a fox fork but it has disc only lowers and the wheels and frame are v brake. Ideally I'm looking for a set of v brake lowers compatible with a retro vanilla disc fork. A full fork with issues could also work but as I'm helping a mate get a decent bike, he's spent out and everything I'm doing to make it better I'm paying for without his knowledge, just because he's a nice guy and in all honesty, trying to create a bike he will enjoy over the Halfords bso he was riding recently (it was his 12 year old son's which will be my next challenge as on learning that, I need to show his son what a nice bike to ride is).

I digress, back to the matter in hand. Early or compatible fox 32mm v lowers or donor fork.needed.

Thanks

I’ve got some 32 lowers with canti bosses BUT the bushings need replacing.

Any good?

I'm open to anything at the moment. I have replaced bushings myself in the past so willing to have a go. Is it upper, lower or both out of interest?

Hi, I’ll go check.

The forks had the ‘usual’ 32 stanchion wear when I got them.

I couldn’t see the damage in the photos but it’s/was only on one leg.

Back