Sorted Flat bar shifter mounts - Paul?

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought some Sachs shifters to use temporarily until I can find a better solution for one of my builds. However:

jd6x1hCT2xiL9R-f_sq17mX0ZRjL4lSjIi0aNMTHYJVVhOsEKw8xPTAVNcN5QWwaYV6YETw6R-CIbjPzhjNdoN6tXf0w73z8GEqK6RLxPrRVXHwn69uk0nTLpDM1Qz5h4xbb6rg74w=w1194-h895-no

The seller neglected to mention one of the dust caps from the bottom was missing. Whilst this might not be an issue for some, I have not been able to bring myself to use them.

Therefore, does anyone have a spare dust cover?

Alternatively, does anyone have some reasonably prices shifter mounts for flat bars that would allow me to use road shifters? This is the longer term solution for the bike, but all the mounts I've seen cost more than a good set of shifters.

Alternatively, I could use Deore thumbies (which I have two spare sets of) but they would be the only Shimano part on the bike.

Last edited:
This is the only thing preventing me from finally building up my Aende.

Having thought about it, although I either need a dust cap for the Sachs shifters or to sell them, a temporary solution is not a satisfactory way to finish of the build. Therefore, I am looking for some silver flat bar thumb shifter mounts.

The Velo Orange and Via Components ones are available for about £40, but I was hoping to get some cheaper second hand, as that's a lot when I could spend almost the same again getting the shifters to go with them.

Still need some flat bar shifter mounts.

Anyone with a spare dustcap? If not these will be available for £10 posted, because I'm not going to use them without a matching dustcap.

I still need some shifter mounts. Ideally some silver Paul ones, but if anyone has any other decent ones I'd consider them.

I've got a brand spanking new pair of Dura-Ace mounts, £25 shipped?

Word of warning though.. i'm not sure about the Sachs mount these have the positive square/no peg bolt hole so as far as i know will only fit Shimano.. They're the same connection as Paul's Shimano Thumbies but in the same vein as Paul's they wont fit Microshift or Sram.

They be these

I don't think they're what you seek but the offer is there if you want them..

IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2721.JPG

Thank you for the reply. As far as I understand, those would fit Sach's road shifters, which is what I will be using. These:

AjS0ffqWYaz607LLtjlHaQkA2cypHYeph8LtyoA17pW6K25KIx2ZkKbktUBqCaydmb1PFpUgKdbUsB31VEFe21zeRkdolN20P9ajoHGb3BoBsbQRYpjXyUAoRvYgd33jIs89TLiL6Q=w672-h895-no

I had those before with Dura-Ace shifters and they were good quality .... my only hesitation is that the bike has very little black in the build, so I would prefer silver.

I'll think about it and give you a shout if I decide I can live with black, if that's alright.

Back